MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
Most Popular Articles
- Local Subway sued by man who tripped and fell on wheelchair ramp
- Bonefish Grill sued by customer who claims disability after falling off bench
- Lawsuit claims doctor misdiagnosed brown recluse spider bite as a boil
- CVS sued by former local pharmacy owners for breach of contract for withholding $1 million in funds from the sale
- Man sues brother for alleged illegal takeover of family business
- BP judge to speak at trial lawyer conference
- Forklift driver sues after chain hook fails and mauls face
- New Orleans Marriot sued by guest who fell in pool area
- Winn-Dixie sued by customer who slipped on water in front of store
- Hyatt Regency Hotel sued after woman falls on escalator
Yearly Archives: 2010
The total number of suits filed in Orleans Parish Civil District Court is down 4 percent from its 2009 total with two days left to file in 2010, according to a search of the court’s document filing system. A total … Read More
In an order signed just before the Christmas holiday, U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier officially prohibited BP from claiming any liability limits under the Oil Pollution Act (OPA).
Plaintiff lawyers in the multi-district litigation (MDL) involving the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill have filed a motion urging U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier to supervise public comments made by Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) administrator Ken Feinberg.
In the latest court action involving the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, actor Stephen Baldwin has filed a lawsuit against actor Kevin Costner over the sale of a centrifuge to BP.
Property owners alleging Lafayette Insurance improperly denied Hurricane Katrina claims can’t pursue a class action, the Supreme Court of Louisiana decided on Nov. 30.
A registered nurse for the Tulane Community Health Center has filed a discrimination lawsuit against that argues he was subjected to race and gender discrimination. Alleging violations of his civil rights, Ronald Ruffin filed suit against Tulane University on Dec. … Read More
A Louisiana corporation is accused of racial discrimination in a suit filed Dec. 22 in federal court in New Orleans. Sondria Brown, Terris Cramedy, Carlos Gibson, Derrick Mixon, Arthur Mixon, Helen Edwards, Lance Jackson, Darrick May, Derrick McGowan, Preston Murray, … Read More
A senior executive of a Louisiana company claims he was terminated from his position due to age discrimination and in retaliation for filing a worker’s compensation claim. Randal A. Schulte filed a lawsuit against Kinetic Concepts Inc. and KCI USA … Read More
An Orleans Parish woman is suing both the drivers and their insurance company over a 2009 car accident in which she was a passenger. New Orleans attorney Arthur Shott III filed a suit on behalf of Rosel Solis-Arevalo in Orleans … Read More
Orleans Parish Clerk Dale Atkins announced that the amount of real estate documents lost was much less than originally believed and that most of the records have been restored. Atkins released a statement saying, “the total number of instruments needing … Read More