MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
Most Read Last 7 Days
- Barbier to announce modifications to BP settlement amid questions on business claims
- Stripper files class action against New Orleans club seeking minimum wages
- Louisiana lawyers being targeted by scammers
- Fitness center sued by man allegedly injured while working out
- Local university sued for allegedly refusing to honor teacher’s endowment
- Slip and fall in Sprite leads to suit against Coke
- Obamacare: Death of ‘The Rule of Law’
- Petco customer seeks $50K after trip near checkout counter
- Opera singer sues for loss of vocal range after throat allegedly caught by Cox cable line
- Woman allegedly injured in slip and fall sues Commander’s Palace
Monthly Archives: December 2010
The total number of suits filed in Orleans Parish Civil District Court is down 4 percent from its 2009 total with two days left to file in 2010, according to a search of the court’s document filing system. A total … Read More
In an order signed just before the Christmas holiday, U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier officially prohibited BP from claiming any liability limits under the Oil Pollution Act (OPA).
Plaintiff lawyers in the multi-district litigation (MDL) involving the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill have filed a motion urging U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier to supervise public comments made by Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) administrator Ken Feinberg.
In the latest court action involving the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, actor Stephen Baldwin has filed a lawsuit against actor Kevin Costner over the sale of a centrifuge to BP.
Property owners alleging Lafayette Insurance improperly denied Hurricane Katrina claims can’t pursue a class action, the Supreme Court of Louisiana decided on Nov. 30.
A registered nurse for the Tulane Community Health Center has filed a discrimination lawsuit against that argues he was subjected to race and gender discrimination. Alleging violations of his civil rights, Ronald Ruffin filed suit against Tulane University on Dec. … Read More
A Louisiana corporation is accused of racial discrimination in a suit filed Dec. 22 in federal court in New Orleans. Sondria Brown, Terris Cramedy, Carlos Gibson, Derrick Mixon, Arthur Mixon, Helen Edwards, Lance Jackson, Darrick May, Derrick McGowan, Preston Murray, … Read More
A senior executive of a Louisiana company claims he was terminated from his position due to age discrimination and in retaliation for filing a worker’s compensation claim. Randal A. Schulte filed a lawsuit against Kinetic Concepts Inc. and KCI USA … Read More
An Orleans Parish woman is suing both the drivers and their insurance company over a 2009 car accident in which she was a passenger. New Orleans attorney Arthur Shott III filed a suit on behalf of Rosel Solis-Arevalo in Orleans … Read More
Orleans Parish Clerk Dale Atkins announced that the amount of real estate documents lost was much less than originally believed and that most of the records have been restored. Atkins released a statement saying, “the total number of instruments needing … Read More