MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
Most Popular Articles
- Bonefish Grill sued by customer who claims disability after falling off bench
- Local Subway sued by man who tripped and fell on wheelchair ramp
- Lawsuit claims doctor misdiagnosed brown recluse spider bite as a boil
- CVS sued by former local pharmacy owners for breach of contract for withholding $1 million in funds from the sale
- BP judge to speak at trial lawyer conference
- Man sues brother for alleged illegal takeover of family business
- Forklift driver sues after chain hook fails and mauls face
- New Orleans Marriot sued by guest who fell in pool area
- Hyatt Regency Hotel sued after woman falls on escalator
- Tow truck owner who allegedly caused accident with Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Deputy while towing man is sued
Monthly Archives: February 2011
A lawsuit filed against the Gulf Coast Claims Fund (GCCF) and its administrator Kenneth Feinberg alleges that he and his firm have committed fraud, gross negligence, fraudulent inducement and unjust enrichment through the BP oil spill claims process.
Lawyers for BP, Transocean and the insurance companies that cover them are debating who is responsible for upwards of $750 million in damages in the multidistrict litigation (MDL) surrounding the BP oil spill.
U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier announced Friday that he would sign an order that would keep millions of documents from litigation stemming from BP’s Texas City oil refinery explosion confidential.
U.S. Attorney Steve Overholt told District Judge Carl Barbier that testing of the failed blowout preventor (BOP) that led to the Deepwater Horizon oilrig explosion should be done by the end of this week. Results of months-long testing of the … Read More
Some say BP hired Kenneth Feinberg as chief of the Gulf Coast Claims Facility, and some say President Barack Obama hired him, but Feinberg fears he works for the Department of Barbier. Read More
Man attacked in airport suing U.S. Airways for injuries; Singing to music on iPod may have annoyed attacker
Orleans Parish Judge Piper Griffin will hear oral arguments today on a motion to transfer a suit against U.S. Airways involving a 2007 altercation at Louis Armstrong International Airport. Passenger David Kristensen filed the suit in 2008, blaming the airline … Read More
A New Orleans man is suing a pool maintenance company after repair work to Tulane University’s Reily Center’s salt-water pool resulted in rusted parts, according to a lawsuit filed in Orleans Parish Civil District Court. Read More
A St. Tammany Parish man is suing a New Orleans marina after his sailboat was destroyed when a dry-land support structure holding the boat aloft during repairs collapsed. New Orleans attorney Wayne Jablonowski filed the petition for damages pro se … Read More
Attorneys for the administrator for the Gulf Coast Claims Facility has fired back at plaintiff and government lawyers who have been critical of him, stating that the BP oil spill claims process is in full compliance with the Oil Pollution Act.
NEW ORLEANS – Plaintiff lawyers leading litigation over the Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill have found a short cut to their goal of pursuing class actions.