MOST RECENT ARGUMENTS
Most Read Last 7 Days
- Barbier to announce modifications to BP settlement amid questions on business claims
- Stripper files class action against New Orleans club seeking minimum wages
- Louisiana lawyers being targeted by scammers
- Fitness center sued by man allegedly injured while working out
- Local university sued for allegedly refusing to honor teacher’s endowment
- Slip and fall in Sprite leads to suit against Coke
- Obamacare: Death of ‘The Rule of Law’
- Petco customer seeks $50K after trip near checkout counter
- Opera singer sues for loss of vocal range after throat allegedly caught by Cox cable line
- Woman allegedly injured in slip and fall sues Commander’s Palace
Monthly Archives: July 2011
A Lafitte resident has filed a lawsuit against the operators of an air boat after he broke his arm during a failed attempt to take the air boat over a sand flat. Under General Maritime Law, Ivar Silnieks filed suit … Read More
A field specialist for Tulane University has filed a lawsuit that claims he lost his job due to racial discrimination. Claiming violations of his civil rights, Bruce Mears, who is caucasian, filed suit against Tulane University on July 27 in … Read More
Two Louisiana oil companies are being sued for allegedly allowing its employees to use an acetylene torch on an oil well, which caused an explosion and resulted in severe injuries to at least one employee. After suffering severe burns, Cary … Read More
A Florida state lawsuit against Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) Administrator Kenneth Feinberg has been removed to the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Read More
A Florida circuit judge has ruled in favor of a group of plaintiffs that threatened to opt out of a $54 million Chinese drywall settlement over lack of transparency.
A Jefferson Parish seaman has filed a lawsuit against his employer after he hit his head while climbing up a ladder.
A deckhand has filed a lawsuit for more than $1.3 million after he was shocked while attempting to plug in a light held together by masking tape. Edward Shane Nichols filed suit against Monroe Marine & Associates and Associated Marine … Read More
Orleans Parish Chief Judge Rosemary Ledet has given preliminary approval to a $25 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit against a New Orleans hospital that flooded following during hurricane Katrina. The settlement was reached between Tenet Healthare Corp and its … Read More
A motion filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana claims that the Gulf Coast Claims Facility (GCCF) fails to comply with the Oil Pollution Act (OPA) in how it administers payments to victims of the 2010 BP oil spill.
In a recent article, John Tierney of the New York Times questions a disturbing trend that’s taken over playgrounds across the country. Seesaws are being torn out, jungle gyms lowered and merry-go-rounds closed down—all in the name of creating safer … Read More