Entergy sued after worker gets shocked by low hanging power line
NEW ORLEANS – A man is suing energy provider Entergy after he was shocked by a low hanging power line while on the job.
Eric Mackaravitz filed suit on Nov. 30 in Orleans Parish Civil District Court. The plaintiff claims he was in a bucket lift on a portable truck and was shocked when electricity arced from a low hanging power line. Mackaravitz says he suffered burns to the head, neck and hand.
Damages are sought in excess of $50,000 to cover physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, lost wages and incurred medical expenses.
The defendants are being held liable for negligence related to maintaining and inspecting power lines, failing to ensure power lines were at the proper height and acting with indifference towards the safety of others.
The suit was filed by Joseph M. Bruno, on New Orleans-based Bruno and Bruno, on behalf of Mackaravitz.
Case number 2011-12495 was assigned to Division G Judge Robin M. Giarrusso.