A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a New Orleans towing company for allegedly stealing her car from her place of work.
Mary Lee Williams filed suit against Mid City Automotive Repair, LLC in Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Dec. 15.
Williams claims an agent of Mid City Automotive Repair stole her vehicle from the parking lot at her job and sent her a request for $976.96 for its return.
Damages of an unspecified amount are sought to include pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and reimbursement for transportation fees. The plaintiff is also seeking punitive damages due to claims that the defendants actions were arbitrary, capricious and without probable cause.
The defendant is accused of an intentional or illegal act for which they are strictly and absolutely liable and acts constituting nuisance when the owner suffers physical trauma as a result.
Chalmette-based attorney Larry M. Aisola is representing Williams.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Case number 2011-12915
- Cellphone tower company sues two citizens, claims to be blocked from getting to work
- Uber sued by Jefferson Parish Attorney’s Office
- Shreveport attorney scolded by judge for lawsuit
- Hurricane Katrina symposium scheduled at Southern University Law Center
- Ford Motor sues man for allegedly defaulting on $11.8K loan
- Widow sues insurance broker, claims $1 million life insurance policy lapsed due to negligence
- BP oil spill settlement to reimburse millions Louisiana paid to politically connected law firms
- ENSCO employee seeking pay for alleged work-related injury
- Offshore Drilling Company Goes After Insurance Companies
- Ex-worker sues Baumer Foods, alleging unlawful termination