A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a New Orleans towing company for allegedly stealing her car from her place of work.
Mary Lee Williams filed suit against Mid City Automotive Repair, LLC in Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Dec. 15.
Williams claims an agent of Mid City Automotive Repair stole her vehicle from the parking lot at her job and sent her a request for $976.96 for its return.
Damages of an unspecified amount are sought to include pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and reimbursement for transportation fees. The plaintiff is also seeking punitive damages due to claims that the defendants actions were arbitrary, capricious and without probable cause.
The defendant is accused of an intentional or illegal act for which they are strictly and absolutely liable and acts constituting nuisance when the owner suffers physical trauma as a result.
Chalmette-based attorney Larry M. Aisola is representing Williams.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Case number 2011-12915
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat
- Owner of New Orleans bar and restaurant sue for ex-manager over fraud and theft allegations
- Employee sues Citadel Builders over claims of sexual battery
- Man claims Cajun Iron Workers violated FMLA
- Bossier City attorney faces disbarment if convicted of theft allegations
- Barge passenger accuses Baywater Drilling of negligence
- Alleged failed blood filter reason for liability lawsuit against C.R. Bard and Bard Peripheral Vascular
- St. John the Baptist Parish Woman claims collusion in lawsuit against major airlines
- Livingston Parish man sues ex-wife, school board for custody of son