A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a New Orleans towing company for allegedly stealing her car from her place of work.
Mary Lee Williams filed suit against Mid City Automotive Repair, LLC in Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Dec. 15.
Williams claims an agent of Mid City Automotive Repair stole her vehicle from the parking lot at her job and sent her a request for $976.96 for its return.
Damages of an unspecified amount are sought to include pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and reimbursement for transportation fees. The plaintiff is also seeking punitive damages due to claims that the defendants actions were arbitrary, capricious and without probable cause.
The defendant is accused of an intentional or illegal act for which they are strictly and absolutely liable and acts constituting nuisance when the owner suffers physical trauma as a result.
Chalmette-based attorney Larry M. Aisola is representing Williams.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Case number 2011-12915
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started