A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a New Orleans towing company for allegedly stealing her car from her place of work.
Mary Lee Williams filed suit against Mid City Automotive Repair, LLC in Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Dec. 15.
Williams claims an agent of Mid City Automotive Repair stole her vehicle from the parking lot at her job and sent her a request for $976.96 for its return.
Damages of an unspecified amount are sought to include pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and reimbursement for transportation fees. The plaintiff is also seeking punitive damages due to claims that the defendants actions were arbitrary, capricious and without probable cause.
The defendant is accused of an intentional or illegal act for which they are strictly and absolutely liable and acts constituting nuisance when the owner suffers physical trauma as a result.
Chalmette-based attorney Larry M. Aisola is representing Williams.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Case number 2011-12915
- Aris T, others accused of negligence after collision
- Barataria Plaza accused of not having proper accessibility provisions for the disabled
- Massey's Sport Center accused of copyright infringement
- Subcontractors face suit over work done on Audubon School
- Edward Jones seeks court's assistance in resolving a dispute over life insurance, retirement plan
- Louisiana Supreme Court Justice to retire at year's end
- VRNO claims its stationary dock is inoperable after collision
- Dawson Vessels accused of negligence in collision
- St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office hopes to get whistleblower lawsuit tossed out
- Woman claims Unum Life Insurance Co. of America denied her benefits