After allegedly being left unattended for a lengthy period of time in the bathroom, hospital patient Cathy Anderson states she tried to get up from the toilet and fell.
Now she has filed a medical malpractice lawsuit against Lakeview Medical Center d/b/a Lakeview Regional Medical Center for alleged negligence.
The alleged incident occurred on Oct. 30, 2008, two days after Anderson was admitted to the hospital with a high fever and severe gastrointestinal problems. She states that she was assisted to the bathroom by a nurse, who left her unattended for a lengthy period of time. She tried to get up from the toilet but fell, sustaining injuries to her neck, back, head and right leg.
The medical center is accused of negligence for failing to use consistent, coordinated, multi-disciplinary approach to fall precautions, for the failure among team members to effectively establish an individualized plan of care concerning fall precautions, failing to instruct the patient and her family regarding fall precautions, failing to adequately monitor Anderson's response to pain medications and failing to properly observe, supervise, and assist Anderson with ambulation. Lakeview Regional also is accused of negligence for the failure to implement nursing measures required to monitor Anderson and to implement nursing considerations for a patient receiving narcotic analgesics.
The plaintiff is asking for more than $600,000 in damages for pain and suffering, disability and mental anguish, medical expenses, pain and suffering, interest and court costs.
William R. Mustian, III of Stanga & Mustian in Metairie.
U.S. District Judge Nannette Jolivette Brown is assigned to the case.
Case No. 2:12-cv-00063
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started