Sam's Club sued by woman for burns allegedly caused by hot oil
GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a Jefferson Parish retailer for injuries she claims occurred at the store.
Gail Davis filed suit against Sam's East Inc. in the 24th Judicial District court on June 19.
Davis claims she was shopping in the Sam's Club located on Airline Highway in Metairie when a large pan containing hot grease fell and spilled on her foot. The plaintiff alleges she received serious injuries in the incident.
The defendant is accused of failing to properly secure the pan and allowing the pan to fall from the cart.
Damages in an amount less than $75,000 are requested by the plaintiff for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional stress and strain, loss of enjoyment of life and permanent residual disability.
Davis is represented by attorney Darleen M. Jacobs of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division P Judge Lee V. Faulkner.
Case no. 716-198