Courts closed for Tropical storm Isaac
NEW ORLEANS – Local courts and Clerk of Courts Office are closed over the next few days as the area prepares for Tropical Storm Isaac's approach.
The Orleans Parish Civil District Court (CDC) closed on Monday, Aug. 27 and will remain closed through Wednesday, Aug. 29. The court is set to reopen on Thursday, Aug. 29.
The CDC has partnered with 23rd Judicial District Court in Donaldsonville in the event of extenuating circumstances resulting the in the CDC being shut down for an extended period of time.
In the case of phone service being disrupted the CDC will use (866) 401-2038 for public inquiries and (866) 561-6102 for court personnel.
The 24th Judicial District Court in Gretna was closed on Monday, Aug. 27 and is set to reopen on Thursday, Aug. 29 at 8:30 a.m.
Further notices for the 24th JDC will be posted on its website at www.24jdc.us and on the Louisiana Supreme Court's website at www.lasc.org where comprehensive information on court closing can be found.
The following courts in the area of Isaac's approach are also closed:
- The 16th Judicial District Court serving Iberia, St. Martin and St. Mary parishes will be closed on Tuesday, Aug. 28 and Wednesday, Aug. 29. The court plans to reopen for business on Thursday, Aug. 30. Additional information is posted on the court's website at www.16jdc.org.
- The 17th Judicial District Court closed at noon on Monday Aug. 27 and will remain closed through Wednesday Aug. 29.
- The Terrbonne Parish Clerk of Court's Office was closed at 1 p.m. Monday Aug. 27 and will reopen Thursday Aug. 30 at 8:30 a.m.
- The 19th Judicial District Court in East Baton Rouge will remain open throughout the storm.
- Baton Rouge City Court closed on Tuesday, Aug. 28 and will remain closed until Thursday, Aug. 30 at 9 a.m.
- Zachary City Court - Will be closed Wednesday, Aug. 29. For Tuesday, Aug. 28 if the weather turns more severe than the present forecast the court will close.
- The 20th Judicial District Court will be closed on Wednesday, Aug. 29 and Thursday, Aug. 30. The Clerk's office in East and West Feliciana is tentatively scheduled to open on Friday, Aug. 31 if electricity is available.
- The 21st Judicial District Court will be closed Tuesday, Aug. 28, and Wednesday, Aug. 29, except for drug court and misdemeanor court in Livingston on Tuesday morning. Misdemeanor court will be confined to giving new notices to defendants.
- The 25th Judicial District Court is closed Monday, Aug. 27 through Thursday, Aug. 30.
- The 30th Judicial District Court is closed Monday, Aug. 27 through Wednesday, Aug. 29.
- The 40th Judicial District Court is closed on Tuesday, Aug. 28.