GRETNA – A local police department is being sued for negligence due to a car accident allegedly caused by one of its officers.
Kaci McDonald filed suit against The City of Gretna and the Gretna Police Department in the 24th Judicial District Court on Oct. 1. McDonald claims she was driving her car on Frnaklin Street in Gretna when Nick Vega, a Gretna a police officer, ignored a stop sign and ran into her car. The plaintiff alleges she suffered multiple injuries in the incident including to her knee, stomach, chest, internal organs and nervous system.
The defendant is accused of failing to yield, failing to observe that movement into the intersection was dangerous, failing to maintain proper control of a vehicle, operating in a careless and reckless manner, failing to use due care and failing to obey local traffic laws.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life and court costs.
McDonald is represented by New Orleans-based attorney Gayle A. Reynolds.
The case has been assigned to Division H Judge Glenn B. Ansardi.
Case no. 719-579.
- Employees sue Epic Diving & Marine, alleging racial discrimination
- Apartment complex sued by mother over child’s death
- Louisiana man has filed suit after injuring hand while using table saw
- Orleans Parish man sues Walmart after he was injured on the job
- Personal injury attorney sued for alleged legal malpractice
- Mike’s Discount store sued after employee allegedly hit man with baseball bat
- Seaman sues Rowan Companies, alleging negligence in accident on vessel
- Heliport builder sues offshore services firm, alleging breach of contract
- Seaman sues offshore services firm, alleging negligence in accident aboard vessel
- Boat operator sues Shell, alleging negligence for injuries