GRETNA – A local police department is being sued for negligence due to a car accident allegedly caused by one of its officers.
Kaci McDonald filed suit against The City of Gretna and the Gretna Police Department in the 24th Judicial District Court on Oct. 1. McDonald claims she was driving her car on Frnaklin Street in Gretna when Nick Vega, a Gretna a police officer, ignored a stop sign and ran into her car. The plaintiff alleges she suffered multiple injuries in the incident including to her knee, stomach, chest, internal organs and nervous system.
The defendant is accused of failing to yield, failing to observe that movement into the intersection was dangerous, failing to maintain proper control of a vehicle, operating in a careless and reckless manner, failing to use due care and failing to obey local traffic laws.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life and court costs.
McDonald is represented by New Orleans-based attorney Gayle A. Reynolds.
The case has been assigned to Division H Judge Glenn B. Ansardi.
Case no. 719-579.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started