GRETNA – A local police department is being sued for negligence due to a car accident allegedly caused by one of its officers.
Kaci McDonald filed suit against The City of Gretna and the Gretna Police Department in the 24th Judicial District Court on Oct. 1. McDonald claims she was driving her car on Frnaklin Street in Gretna when Nick Vega, a Gretna a police officer, ignored a stop sign and ran into her car. The plaintiff alleges she suffered multiple injuries in the incident including to her knee, stomach, chest, internal organs and nervous system.
The defendant is accused of failing to yield, failing to observe that movement into the intersection was dangerous, failing to maintain proper control of a vehicle, operating in a careless and reckless manner, failing to use due care and failing to obey local traffic laws.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life and court costs.
McDonald is represented by New Orleans-based attorney Gayle A. Reynolds.
The case has been assigned to Division H Judge Glenn B. Ansardi.
Case no. 719-579.
- Tammany Parish attorney allegedly caught taking marijuana for services will retain law license
- Florida man accused of six-figure fraud in sale of engines to boat builder
- Statin drug’s alleged diabetes risk prompts wrongful death suit against Phizer
- $100,000 deal to open New Orleans restaurant in the Middle East goes sour
- Cajun Outboards Inc. sued over allegedly defective vessel
- Couple sues Starwood Hotels, alleging poor treatment because of racial discrimination
- Insurance company files suit over coverage dispute
- Inmate on hard labor work release sues employers after fall
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat