GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish man is suing a local doctor’s office for injuries he claims to have received on its premises.
Monte Prevost filed suit against Dr. Abdola Zim Akhondzadeh, Fabiola Akhondzadeh and ASI Insurance Company in the 24th Judicial District Court on Nov. 6. Prevost claims he was walking towards the doctor’s office located at 2424 Rue Notre Dame in Gretna when he stumbled and fell off a sidewalk. The plaintiff alleges that a 10-inch drop on the side of the walkway caused the incident. Prevost asserts that he received severe injuries in the fall to his left knee including partial kneecap tendon tear, tendonitis, stiffness and grinding.
The defendant is accused of failing to notice the defective condition, failing to paint a drop off in walkway, failing to provide adequate lighting, failing to maintain the property according to Louisiana code, failing to use reasonable care and due diligence and bad faith of behalf of the insurer for failing to present a reasonable claim offer.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, physical pain, mental anguish, loss of income, punitive damages and attorney’s fees.
Prevost is represented by David L. Coleman of New Orleans-based the Law Office of David L. Coleman, II.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Henry G. Sullivan, Jr.
Case no. 720-855.
- Deckhand alleges that Fleet Operators maintained unsafe working environment
- Republic Fire and Casualty Insurance Co. goes to court to refute a claim
- Former ice cream truck delivery driver accuses Mid-State Marketing LLC of violating FLSA
- Chateau Orleans Poboy restaurant accused of violating ADA
- FairfieldNodal sued by employee who claims he was injured on the job
- Woman claims wrong prescription allegedly caused heart attack
- Rapides Parish man claims he was the victim of police brutality
- Zimmer Orthopaedic faces lawsuit over allegedly defective products
- Aris T, others accused of negligence after collision
- Barataria Plaza accused of not having proper accessibility provisions for the disabled