GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a fast food corporation for injuries she claims to have received when a hot cup of coffee spilled on her at a Burger King drive-through.
Kathleen Perez filed suit against Burger King Corporation and Strategic Restaurants Acquisition Company, LLC in the 24th Judicial District Court on Nov. 7. Perez claims she was in the drive through at the Burger King located at 3660 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie when the employee stationed at the drive through window handed her a cup of coffee and the lid fell off the scalding hot coffee spilled onto her. The plaintiff alleges the spill caused serious burns on her arm, chest and stomach. Perez also claims the employee applied wet, cold napkins to her skin after seeing she was in immediate physical distress.
The defendant is accused of failing to properly secure the coffee cup’s lid, serving coffee at an extreme scalding temperature and failing to use due care under the circumstances.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for personal injuries, burns, permanent scarring and discoloration, pain and suffering, disability, embarrassment and mental anguish.
Perez is represented by Stephen K. Conroy of the Metairie-based Conroy Law Firm, PLC.
The case has been assigned to Division J Judge Stephen J. Windhorst.
Case no. 720-860.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started