GRETNA – The owners of a building in Metairie that was allegedly severely damaged when a water main burst are suing the Jefferson Parish government.
Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC filed suit against Jefferson Parish Department of Water in the 24th Judicial District Court. Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC claim that their property was damaged by a water main that burst while Jefferson Parish Department of Water employees were working on it and flooded the building they were occupying. The plaintiffs allege that due to thousands of gallons of water pumping into their property the concrete in the rear of their building located at 3816 Airline Drive in Metairie cracked, lifted and broke due to the flooding issue caused by the defendant.
The defendant is accused of negligence, bad faith and making no effort to accurately assess and remediate the damage.
Damages in excess of $50,000 are sought by the plaintiffs for compensation for the building’s damages, damages to movables and non-movables, loss of income, loss of work, loss of enterprises for operation for 30 days, lost employee wages, loss of material and intellectual information, loss of business property, attorney’s fees and court costs.
Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC are represented by Albert Morris, owner of Crescent Signs and Albert Morris Investments in Metairie.
The case has been assigned to Division C Judge June Berry Darensburg.
Case no. 721-113.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started