GRETNA – The owners of a building in Metairie that was allegedly severely damaged when a water main burst are suing the Jefferson Parish government.
Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC filed suit against Jefferson Parish Department of Water in the 24th Judicial District Court. Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC claim that their property was damaged by a water main that burst while Jefferson Parish Department of Water employees were working on it and flooded the building they were occupying. The plaintiffs allege that due to thousands of gallons of water pumping into their property the concrete in the rear of their building located at 3816 Airline Drive in Metairie cracked, lifted and broke due to the flooding issue caused by the defendant.
The defendant is accused of negligence, bad faith and making no effort to accurately assess and remediate the damage.
Damages in excess of $50,000 are sought by the plaintiffs for compensation for the building’s damages, damages to movables and non-movables, loss of income, loss of work, loss of enterprises for operation for 30 days, lost employee wages, loss of material and intellectual information, loss of business property, attorney’s fees and court costs.
Crescent Signs, Inc. and Albert Morris Investments, LLC are represented by Albert Morris, owner of Crescent Signs and Albert Morris Investments in Metairie.
The case has been assigned to Division C Judge June Berry Darensburg.
Case no. 721-113.
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat
- Owner of New Orleans bar and restaurant sue for ex-manager over fraud and theft allegations
- Employee sues Citadel Builders over claims of sexual battery
- Man claims Cajun Iron Workers violated FMLA
- Bossier City attorney faces disbarment if convicted of theft allegations
- Barge passenger accuses Baywater Drilling of negligence
- Alleged failed blood filter reason for liability lawsuit against C.R. Bard and Bard Peripheral Vascular
- St. John the Baptist Parish Woman claims collusion in lawsuit against major airlines
- Livingston Parish man sues ex-wife, school board for custody of son