GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a retailer for injuries she claims to have received in a fall on its premises.
Brenda Martin filed suit against Dillard Department Stores, Inc., Delmont Village Associates Limited Partnership, Delmont Village Associates, LLC, Greater Lakeside in the 24th Judicial District Court on Dec. 3. Martin claims she was shopping at the Dillard’s located in the Lakeside Shopping Mall at 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Metairie when she slipped in a puddle of water and fell to the floor. The plaintiff alleges, due to the fall, she suffered new injuries as well as the re-aggravation of previous injuries.
The defendant is accused of maintaining a dangerous condition, failing to inspect the property for dangerous conditions, failing to meet standards of good safety practice, failing to adequately train and supervise employees, failing to adequately inspect the premises, failing to act with reasonable foresight and prudence, failing to heed the obvious and failing to warn the general public of the hazard.
Damages in excess of $50,000 is sought for pain and suffering, mental anguish, grief, medical expenses, disability, loss of enjoyment, fear, physical impairment, lost income, loss of economic opportunity and embarrassment.
Martin is represented by New Orleans-based attorney Jack H. Tobias.
The case has been assigned to Division G Judge Robert A. Pitre, Jr.
Case no. 721-647.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started