GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a retailer for injuries she claims to have received in a fall on its premises.
Brenda Martin filed suit against Dillard Department Stores, Inc., Delmont Village Associates Limited Partnership, Delmont Village Associates, LLC, Greater Lakeside in the 24th Judicial District Court on Dec. 3. Martin claims she was shopping at the Dillard’s located in the Lakeside Shopping Mall at 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Metairie when she slipped in a puddle of water and fell to the floor. The plaintiff alleges, due to the fall, she suffered new injuries as well as the re-aggravation of previous injuries.
The defendant is accused of maintaining a dangerous condition, failing to inspect the property for dangerous conditions, failing to meet standards of good safety practice, failing to adequately train and supervise employees, failing to adequately inspect the premises, failing to act with reasonable foresight and prudence, failing to heed the obvious and failing to warn the general public of the hazard.
Damages in excess of $50,000 is sought for pain and suffering, mental anguish, grief, medical expenses, disability, loss of enjoyment, fear, physical impairment, lost income, loss of economic opportunity and embarrassment.
Martin is represented by New Orleans-based attorney Jack H. Tobias.
The case has been assigned to Division G Judge Robert A. Pitre, Jr.
Case no. 721-647.
- Bossier City attorney faces disbarment if convicted of theft allegations
- Barge passenger accuses Baywater Drilling of negligence
- Alleged failed blood filter reason for liability lawsuit against C.R. Bard and Bard Peripheral Vascular
- St. John the Baptist Parish Woman claims collusion in lawsuit against major airlines
- Livingston Parish man sues ex-wife, school board for custody of son
- Notice filed for lawsuit over allegedly defective siding to be moved to federal court
- Owners of towing vessel file complaint to avoid any claims regarding barge crash
- Man sues oil corporations, alleging serious personal injuries in boating accident
- Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America sues client over claims of misrepresentation
- Boat passenger sues pontoon driver, rental company over injuries sustained in a collision on the Tchefuncte River