GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish man is suing a local hospital over the death of his brother while he was in its care.
James Gerald Brock filed suit against Ochsner Clinic LLC and Ochsner Clinic Foundation in the 24th Judicial District Court on Jan. 11.
Brock claims his brother, Michael Brock, appeared at the Ochsner Hospital/Clinic emergency room on Feb. 22, 2009 complaining of shortness of breath and chest pain. The plaintiff alleges that he was evaluated and discharged even though the symptoms he was suffering from and subsequent tests were suggestive of a heart attack. Brock asserts his brother suffered a severe heart attack on his way home from the hospital and died that day.
The defendant is accused of failing to admit the deceased to the hospital for further evaluation and failing to provide portable oxygen as the deceased was being discharged from the emergency room.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for mental anguish, pain and suffering and anxiety due to the conditions of the deceased’s death.
Brock is represented by William R. Mustain III of Metairie-based Stang & Mustian.
The case has been assigned to Division F Judge Michael P. Mentz.
Case no. 722-794.
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started
- Toilet leak leads to lawsuit against manufacturer