GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish man is suing a local hospital over the death of his brother while he was in its care.
James Gerald Brock filed suit against Ochsner Clinic LLC and Ochsner Clinic Foundation in the 24th Judicial District Court on Jan. 11.
Brock claims his brother, Michael Brock, appeared at the Ochsner Hospital/Clinic emergency room on Feb. 22, 2009 complaining of shortness of breath and chest pain. The plaintiff alleges that he was evaluated and discharged even though the symptoms he was suffering from and subsequent tests were suggestive of a heart attack. Brock asserts his brother suffered a severe heart attack on his way home from the hospital and died that day.
The defendant is accused of failing to admit the deceased to the hospital for further evaluation and failing to provide portable oxygen as the deceased was being discharged from the emergency room.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for mental anguish, pain and suffering and anxiety due to the conditions of the deceased’s death.
Brock is represented by William R. Mustain III of Metairie-based Stang & Mustian.
The case has been assigned to Division F Judge Michael P. Mentz.
Case no. 722-794.
- Employees sue Epic Diving & Marine, alleging racial discrimination
- Apartment complex sued by mother over child’s death
- Louisiana man has filed suit after injuring hand while using table saw
- Orleans Parish man sues Walmart after he was injured on the job
- Personal injury attorney sued for alleged legal malpractice
- Mike’s Discount store sued after employee allegedly hit man with baseball bat
- Seaman sues Rowan Companies, alleging negligence in accident on vessel
- Heliport builder sues offshore services firm, alleging breach of contract
- Seaman sues offshore services firm, alleging negligence in accident aboard vessel
- Boat operator sues Shell, alleging negligence for injuries