NEW ORLEANS – A Jefferson Parish woman is suing a New Orleans restaurant after she was allegedly injured there last year.
Kathryn Olavarrieta filed suit against Rotolo’s LLC, Rotolo’s Inc. and their insurer in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Jan. 8.
The suit claims that Oavarrieta was injured on Jan. 9, 2012, while she was a patron at Rotolo’s Pizzeria. She alleges she walked into the courtyard at the restaurant and suddenly tripped on an uneven brick. Oavarrieta asserts she fell into plastic trash and garbage receptacles that contained objects including broken glass.
The plaintiff claims she sustained injuries to her arms, wrist and hands, including a laceration to her left hand that caused nerve damage and permanent disfigurement.
The defendant is accused of:
• Owning, possessing and/or maintaining the property in question, which caused damages or injuries to the plaintiff due to it’s ruin, vice or defect which the defendant should have known about;
• Failing to properly maintain, cleanup or inspect the area where patrons would walk;
• Failing to maintain the property and surrounding premises in a safe condition specifically by ascertaining that all debris was cleaned from the open walkways;
• Failing to have the property and or surrounding premises properly inspected;
• Failing to keep property and or surrounding premises in a safe, clean and reasonable condition, failing to warn patrons of a dangerous condition;
• Creating a hazardous condition for patrons; and
• Failing to place proper signs warning of potential dangers.
An unspecified amount of damages is sought for physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, medical bills, surgical bills, physical therapy bills, prescription bills, scarring, disfigurement, lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
The plaintiff is represented by James B. Dugan II of The Dugan Law Firm.
The case has been assigned to Division A Judge Tiffany G. Chase.
Case No. 2013-00200