NEW ORLEANS – A local actor who participated in the 2012 Bacchus parade is suing the disc jockey hired to provide music on the float after allegedly sustaining injury to his hearing following the parade ride.
Harry Shearer filed a lawsuit against Rock-It Productions Inc., Global Indemnity Group Inc. and Penn-America Insurance Co. in the Orleans Parish Central District Court on Feb. 13.
Shearer claims that he was unable to move from his assigned position on the Bacchawhoppa float in the Bacchus parade after being strapped in behind a loudspeaker. He claims he was diagnosed with a case of tinnitus due to the defendant's negligence and refusal to lower the volume or supply ear plugs.
Shearer is best known for his voice work on the popular cartoon series The Simpsons, but also has an extensive background in film and hosts Le Show, a weekly radio show broadcast on NPR affiliate stations throughout the country.
The defendant is accused of failing to provide any type of ear protection to the plaintiff and other float riders, failing to provide an alternative position on the float so as not to be in direct contact with the loud speakers and failing to take corrective action when asked multiple times by plaintiff prior to plaintiff’s injury.
An unspecified amount is sought for medical expenses, loss earnings, physical and mental pain and disability.
Shearer is represented by Andrew S. de Klerk of New Orleans-based Frilot LLC.
This case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Case no. 2013-01358.
- Apartment complex sued by mother over child’s death
- Louisiana man has filed suit after injuring hand while using table saw
- Orleans Parish man sues Walmart after he was injured on the job
- Personal injury attorney sued for alleged legal malpractice
- Mike’s Discount store sued after employee allegedly hit man with baseball bat
- Seaman sues Rowan Companies, alleging negligence in accident on vessel
- Heliport builder sues offshore services firm, alleging breach of contract
- Seaman sues offshore services firm, alleging negligence in accident aboard vessel
- Boat operator sues Shell, alleging negligence for injuries
- Seaman sues maritime company, alleging negligence in accident on vessel