GRETNA – A New Orleans man is suing a Jefferson Parish building owner for injuries she allegedly received after falling down a flight of stairs.
Ashley Moore filed suit against Deltacom Inc., Deltacom of Alabama, Centurytel, Fiber Company II LLC and William May in the 24th Judicial District Court on May 8.
Moore claims she was employed by AT&T that leased a portion of the building and that the roof of the building had been leaking and resulted in debris and water being left on the stairs. The plaintiff alleges he was walking on the stairs when he stepped in standing water and fell. Moore asserts he received serious and disabling injuries in the fall including a head injury.
The defendant is accused of knowing of the defect, failing to perform work and other maintenance and strict liability.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain, suffering and mental anguish.
Moore is represented by Kevin C. Schoenberger of the New Orleans-based Law Office of Kevin C. Schoenberger.
The case has been assigned to Division E Judge John J. Molaison Jr.
Case no. 726-766.
- Tammany Parish attorney allegedly caught taking marijuana for services will retain law license
- Florida man accused of six-figure fraud in sale of engines to boat builder
- Statin drug’s alleged diabetes risk prompts wrongful death suit against Phizer
- $100,000 deal to open New Orleans restaurant in the Middle East goes sour
- Cajun Outboards Inc. sued over allegedly defective vessel
- Couple sues Starwood Hotels, alleging poor treatment because of racial discrimination
- Insurance company files suit over coverage dispute
- Inmate on hard labor work release sues employers after fall
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat