GRETNA – A New Orleans man is suing a Jefferson Parish building owner for injuries she allegedly received after falling down a flight of stairs.
Ashley Moore filed suit against Deltacom Inc., Deltacom of Alabama, Centurytel, Fiber Company II LLC and William May in the 24th Judicial District Court on May 8.
Moore claims she was employed by AT&T that leased a portion of the building and that the roof of the building had been leaking and resulted in debris and water being left on the stairs. The plaintiff alleges he was walking on the stairs when he stepped in standing water and fell. Moore asserts he received serious and disabling injuries in the fall including a head injury.
The defendant is accused of knowing of the defect, failing to perform work and other maintenance and strict liability.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain, suffering and mental anguish.
Moore is represented by Kevin C. Schoenberger of the New Orleans-based Law Office of Kevin C. Schoenberger.
The case has been assigned to Division E Judge John J. Molaison Jr.
Case no. 726-766.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started