GRETNA – A New Orleans man is suing a Jefferson Parish building owner for injuries she allegedly received after falling down a flight of stairs.
Ashley Moore filed suit against Deltacom Inc., Deltacom of Alabama, Centurytel, Fiber Company II LLC and William May in the 24th Judicial District Court on May 8.
Moore claims she was employed by AT&T that leased a portion of the building and that the roof of the building had been leaking and resulted in debris and water being left on the stairs. The plaintiff alleges he was walking on the stairs when he stepped in standing water and fell. Moore asserts he received serious and disabling injuries in the fall including a head injury.
The defendant is accused of knowing of the defect, failing to perform work and other maintenance and strict liability.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain, suffering and mental anguish.
Moore is represented by Kevin C. Schoenberger of the New Orleans-based Law Office of Kevin C. Schoenberger.
The case has been assigned to Division E Judge John J. Molaison Jr.
Case no. 726-766.
- Patient blames Stryker Orthopaedics for injuries from allegedly faulty hip implant
- Former inmate alleges he was denied medical treatment at Terrebonne Parish Criminal Justice Complex
- Chinook USA alleges breach of contract in dispute over licensing of Duck Commander drinks
- Marrero woman alleges infusion pump was ineffective
- Diver sues employers after allegedly injuring his back
- Lawyer: Kenner firefighters pension case outcome may solidify earned compensation in Louisiana
- Genovese touts experience in Louisiana Supreme Court bid
- Orleans Parish man accuses Riverlakes New Orleans Properties of violating ADA
- Producer, company accuse Cash Money Records of failing to pay royalties
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry backs FACT Act