NEW ORLEANS – An independent contractor filed suit against Entergy and the owners of the property where he was shocked after coming into contract with energized electrical wires.

Jaron Parker filed suit against Entergy New Orleans, J. Xin Zhang, J. Jie Zhang and an unnamed employee of Entergy in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Aug. 27.

The suit states that on June 4, the defendant was an independent contractor performing work at the de-energized business property on Read Lane in New Orleans, which was owned by the defendants. The plaintiff allegedly was in the process of searching for metal flashing in the rear shed of the building, when he came into contact with Entergy’s energized electrical wires and was shocked.

As a result of the incident, he has allegedly suffered severe burns to his face, arms, hands, and has suffered from an anterioseptal myocardial infarction.

Entergy is accused of negligence, including failing to keep the vault which housed tits transformer and electrical lines in safe and reasonable condition, failing to inspect, failing to keep the shed locked, failing to discover an unreasonably dangerous condition, failing to warn and violating the high duty of care owed to others.

J. Xin Zhang and J. Jie Zhang, the owners of the property where the incident occurred, are accused of failing to act with ordinary care, failing to discover an unreasonably dangerous condition on their property, failing to keep the shed which housed the transformer locked, failing to warn, and violating the high duty of care owed to others.

The plaintiff seeks an unspecified amount in damages for his pain and suffering, medical expenses and mental anguish.

The plaintiff is represented by Patrick G. Kehoe Jr. and William P. Connick of Connick and Connick LLC of New Orleans and Metairie, respectively.

The case has been assigned to Division C Judge Sidney H Cates IV.

Case no 2013-8085.

More News