Kyle Barnett Nov. 14, 2013, 5:34pm

GRETNA – A hair salon is being sued by a customer who claims she was severely burned after a hair product was applied to her head before she was placed under a hair dryer for nearly an hour.

Pamela Mitchell filed suit against Katrina Simone Colbert, Regis Corporation of Minnesota and Smartstyle Family Hair Salon in the 24th Judicial District Court on Oct. 21.

Mitchell asserts that on Nov. 2, 2012 she was a customer at SmartStyle Family Hair Salon at 5110 Jefferson Highway in Harahan when Colbert applied what was supposed to be a conditioner to her head and Mitchell had her sit under a hair dryer. The plaintiff alleges after 50 minutes to an hour sitting under the hair dryer she began to feel an itching sensation that progressed into a burning feeling. Mitchell claims that that incident resulted in scarring to her scalp, hair loss, inability to grow hair and other debilitating injuries.

The defendant is accused of failing to see what should have been seen, negligent application, failing to warn, improperly recommending a dangerous product and failing to use reasonable care.

An unspecified amount in damages is sought for transportation expenses to and from the doctor, loss of wages, loss of wage earning capacity, physical injuries, pain and suffering, mental distress and loss of enjoyment of life.

Mitchell is represented by attorney Craig S. Leydecker of Gretna.

The case has been assigned to Division O Judge Ross P. LaDart.

Case no. 732-216.

More News