NEW ORLEANS – A woman who claims she received an endowed professorship is suing a New Orleans University for allegedly failing to follow-through with her appointment.
Yolanda Powell Young filed suit against Dillard University in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court.
The plaintiff claims that she received correspondence from Dillard University awarding her the Gloria Kabacoff Endowed Researching Professorship in Teaching and Informatics in 2011. She says that she was supposed to receive state funds and a salary for the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 academic school years plus research reimbursement, but never did. Young alleges that the school neglected to follow policies and procedures to provide approval for the endowment via the university institutional review board.
Dillard is accused of failing to comply with university policy and procedure, gross and wanton negligence, breach of contract, failing to respond to requests made by the plaintiff and acts of omission.
Young asks that a settlement be reached for the above penalties plus attorneys’ fees and other related expenses.
The plaintiff is represented by attorney Clarence Roby Jr. of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Paulette R. Irons.
Case no. 2013-08554.
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started
- Toilet leak leads to lawsuit against manufacturer