GRETNA – A woman who claims she saw rats in a local restaurant and was injured after tripping and falling while attempting to flee the area is suing.
Vernisha Pepp filed suit against Hooters of Louisiana LLC; Gibson, Greco and Wood Ltd.; Blue Sky Management Company LLC and Republic Underwriters Insurance Company in the 24th Judicial District Court on Nov. 21.
Pepp asserts that on Jan. 6 she was eating at the Hooter’s located at 4748 Veterans Blvd. in Metairie when she heard numerous patrons scream and attempt to flee the area. The plaintiff claims that she was startled by the sight of rats running along duct work and attempted to run away when she fell to the floor and received severe injuries to her rotator cuff, cervical spine, back and neck and a fractured rib.
The defendant is accused of failing to adequately inspect and maintain the premises, having constructive notice and failing to take corrective measures, failing to keep the premises free of rats, failing to exercise care to prevent the occurrence and failing to maintain property so as to render it safe.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, physical pain and suffering, mental pain and suffering, permanent disabilities, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of earning capacity and lost wages.
Pepp is represented by attorney Michelle H. Hesni of Gretna.
The case has been assigned to Division O Judge Ross P. LaDart.
Case no. 733-169.
- Ford Motor sues man for allegedly defaulting on $11.8K loan
- Widow sues insurance broker, claims $1 million life insurance policy lapsed due to negligence
- BP oil spill settlement to reimburse millions Louisiana paid to politically connected law firms
- ENSCO Employee Seeking Pay for Work-Related Injury
- Offshore Drilling Company Goes After Insurance Companies
- Ex-worker sues Baumer Foods, alleging unlawful termination
- Bridgestone sues competitor, alleging trademark infringement
- Jefferson Parish couple sues Covidien, alleging defective catheter
- Louisiana woman sues General Motors, alleging failure to repair vehicle
- Jackson Parish woman sues Rollins, Orkin, alleging sexual harassment