Kyle Barnett Apr. 28, 2014, 6:00pm

GRETNA – A customer of a corporate hardware store is suing claiming he was injured when he slipped and fell in detergent that was being used to clean gum off the floor.

Aida Arroyo filed suit against an unknown employee, Lowe’s Home Centers and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 1.

Arroyo alleges that he was at the Lowe’s located at 3640 Veterans Memorial Blvd. in Metairie between 1 and 2 p.m. when he was walking in front of a bank of cash registers and tried to walk around an employee who was cleaning gum off the floor when he stepped in detergent and fell to the floor. The plaintiff asserts he received injuries to his back and muscles in the incident.

The defendant is accused of failing to warn of an unreasonable risk of harm, causing the risk of harm, breaching the duty of care and creating an unreasonable risk of harm.

An unspecified amount in damages is sought for negligent supervision and hiring of employees, hiring reckless and careless individuals, failing to do a thorough criminal background check before hiring employees and failing to act reasonably or prudently.

Arroyo is represented by pain and discomfort, mental anguish, pain and suffering, inconvenience and lost wages.

The case has been assigned to Division P Judge Lee V. Faulkner Jr.

Case no. 737-024.

More News