GRETNA – The mother of a child who broke her leg after sticking a wall at the bottom of a slide is suing.
Amanda Holmes, individually and on behalf of her minor child, filed suit against Ochsner Health Systems Inc., Kidsports Family Fun and Fitness, Elmwood Fitness Center and their insurers in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 17.
Holmes claims that on Aug. 31, 2013 her daughter attended a birthday party at Kidsports Family Fun and Fitness within the Elmwood Fitness Center located at 1200 South Clearview Parkway in Elmwood. The plaintiff alleges that during the birthday party her daughter went down an inflatable slide that was being sprayed with water and when she reached the bottom she slid into a wall and broke her leg.
The defendant is accused of failing to maintain the premises in a safe condition, failing to adequately inspect the slide, failing to properly use the side, failing to properly train employees, failing to properly supervise employees, failing to institute reasonable safety measures, failing to enforce reasonable inspections, failing to meet a general standard of care, failing to follow slide guidelines and violation of state law.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain and suffering, disability, aggravation, emotional distress, mental pain, anguish, loss of function, permanent physical impairment, scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of personal property and medical expenses.
Holmes is represented by Jon G. Bethune of New Orleans-based The Law Office of Jon G. Bethune.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Donald A. Rowan Jr.
Case no. 737-546.
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat
- Owner of New Orleans bar and restaurant sue for ex-manager over fraud and theft allegations
- Employee sues Citadel Builders over claims of sexual battery
- Man claims Cajun Iron Workers violated FMLA
- Bossier City attorney faces disbarment if convicted of theft allegations
- Barge passenger accuses Baywater Drilling of negligence
- Alleged failed blood filter reason for liability lawsuit against C.R. Bard and Bard Peripheral Vascular
- St. John the Baptist Parish Woman claims collusion in lawsuit against major airlines
- Livingston Parish man sues ex-wife, school board for custody of son