GRETNA – The mother of a child who broke her leg after sticking a wall at the bottom of a slide is suing.
Amanda Holmes, individually and on behalf of her minor child, filed suit against Ochsner Health Systems Inc., Kidsports Family Fun and Fitness, Elmwood Fitness Center and their insurers in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 17.
Holmes claims that on Aug. 31, 2013 her daughter attended a birthday party at Kidsports Family Fun and Fitness within the Elmwood Fitness Center located at 1200 South Clearview Parkway in Elmwood. The plaintiff alleges that during the birthday party her daughter went down an inflatable slide that was being sprayed with water and when she reached the bottom she slid into a wall and broke her leg.
The defendant is accused of failing to maintain the premises in a safe condition, failing to adequately inspect the slide, failing to properly use the side, failing to properly train employees, failing to properly supervise employees, failing to institute reasonable safety measures, failing to enforce reasonable inspections, failing to meet a general standard of care, failing to follow slide guidelines and violation of state law.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain and suffering, disability, aggravation, emotional distress, mental pain, anguish, loss of function, permanent physical impairment, scarring, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of personal property and medical expenses.
Holmes is represented by Jon G. Bethune of New Orleans-based The Law Office of Jon G. Bethune.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Donald A. Rowan Jr.
Case no. 737-546.
- Cellphone tower company sues two citizens, claims to be blocked from getting to work
- Uber sued by Jefferson Parish Attorney’s Office
- Shreveport attorney scolded by judge for lawsuit
- Hurricane Katrina symposium scheduled at Southern University Law Center
- Ford Motor sues man for allegedly defaulting on $11.8K loan
- Widow sues insurance broker, claims $1 million life insurance policy lapsed due to negligence
- BP oil spill settlement to reimburse millions Louisiana paid to politically connected law firms
- ENSCO employee seeking pay for alleged work-related injury
- Offshore Drilling Company Goes After Insurance Companies
- Ex-worker sues Baumer Foods, alleging unlawful termination