NEW ORLEANS – A woman is suing Winn Dixie for allegedly stacking soda cases in a way that caused them to fall onto her head and neck, causing injury.
Clevechelle Lombard filed suit against Winn Dixie Montgomery LLC in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court on June 26.
Lombard claims that on Aug. 4, 2013 she was shopping at the Winn Dixie store located at 4600 Chef Menteur Highway in New Orleans. While inside the supermarket, Lombard asserts that she was struck in the head, face, and neck by multiple boxes and twelve-packs of soda.
The defendant is accused of negligence, including stacking cases of soda in a way that made the full variety of beverages in stock inaccessible to customers and stacking the cases of soda in an unsafe manner.
The plaintiff seeks an unknown amount of damages for bodily injury, medical expenses, permanent disability and pain and suffering.
Clevechelle Lombard is represented by Julie-Ann A. Duhe' Keating of The Keating Law Firm LLC.
The case has been assigned to District D Judge Lloyd J. Medley.
Case no. 2014-06309.
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started
- Toilet leak leads to lawsuit against manufacturer