GRETNA – Two contractors claim that they were injured by a poisonous gas while on a job.
Corey Anderson and Russell Robinson filed a suit against United Heir LLC in the 24th Judicial District Court on June 29.
According to the claim, the plaintiffs were hired by the defendant as independent contractors on July 1, 2015. The suit states that while they were working for the defendant, the plaintiffs were given the duty of cleaning out a shipping container that contained poisonous nitrogen gas, which they were not aware. The plaintiffs were caused to faint from suffocation due to the gas that they inhaled, the suit states.
The defendant is accused of negligence through allowing the plaintiffs to be exposed to such a dangerous situation, failing to warn them of the risks associated with the shipping container and other acts of negligence.
The plaintiffs are seeking an unspecified amount in damages. They are represented by G. Karl Bernard of G. Karl Bernard & Associates in New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division D Judge Scott U. Schlegel.
The 24th Judicial District Court Case number 762439