GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish family is suing a local fast food restaurant and its corporate parent for alleged food poisoning.
Luis Aquino and Dominga Cabrera, on behalf of their minor son, filed suit against Evelyn Walker, West Quality Food Service Inc., KFC Inc. and Companion Property and Casualty Insurance in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 12.
Cabrera claims she purchased a rotisserie chicken from the KFC located at 2245 Williams Blvd. in Kenner, which her son later ate.
The plaintiff alleges that four hours after her son ate the meal, he became violently ill and experienced severe stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhea for which he sought medical treatment.
The defendant is accused of:
• Failing to control their products made for consumption, failing to warn consumers of the potential risks of consuming their products;
• Failing to train employees;
• Failing to recall a defective product;
• Failing to properly test their product;
• Failing to properly label product;
• Reckless endangerment;
• Reckless indifference;
• Intentional tort;
• Strict liability; and
• Failing to supervise employees in proper packaging of products made for consumption.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for physical pain and suffering, mental pain and suffering, mental anguish and medical expenses.
The plaintiff is represented by Ron A. Austin of Harvey-based Ron A. Austin & Associates LLC.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Donald A. Rowan Jr.
Case no. 725-869