Caterer that allegedly served piece of chicken with wire in it faces suit

By Kyle Barnett | Oct 29, 2013

GRETNA – A local catering company is being sued by a man who claims he ate a piece of chicken that had a wire attached to it that he swallowed.

Andrew Hanson, and wife Felecia Beaumont, filed suit against Bryan J. Kuhn, Kuhn’s Kajun Katering and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on Sept. 27.

Hanson asserts that he was working as a sound and lighting technician at a block party located at 4820 Janice Ave. in Kenner that was being catered by Kuhn’s Kajun Katering, also known as KKK. The plaintiff claims that as he ate a piece of chicken prepared by the defendant he felt something passing down his throat, which he thought was a chicken bone. After he ate he continued to work until he began to experience severe stomach and abdominal pain. Hanson alleges that he later went to the hospital where a cat scan revealed he had ingested a wire bristle such as the type on wire brushes used to clean barbeque grills. The plaintiff claims he had to have surgery to remove the wire bristle from his stomach lining that was followed by a long recovery period.

The defendant is accused of not properly inspecting the chicken, not avoiding serving unsafe and unsanitary foreign objects, serving food with inherently dangerous foreign objects attached and breaching duty to provide safe and unadulterated foods.

An unspecified amount in damages is sought for pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of income, loss of income generating capability and permanent disability.

Hanson is represented by Metairie-based attorney Wallace Kent Porter.

The case has been assigned to Division H Judge Glenn B. Ansardi.

Case no. 731-494.

More News

The Record Network