GRETNA – The owner of a medical facility who suffered severe property damage due to an electrical fire and explosion is being sued for allegedly providing substandard work.

Naz LLC filed suit against Kevin Williams and Spark Electric A/C/ Heating & Gas LLC in the 24th Judicial District Court on Feb. 11.

Naz alleges that on March 1, 2014 it entered into a contract with Williams and Spark Electric A/C/ Heating & Gas to provide electrical work at a facility at 2909 Kingman St. in Metairie. The plaintiff contends it paid the defendants $80,000 for the work provided. However, Naz asserts that on June 27, 2014 the electrical system installed by Williams and Spark Electric A/C/ Heating & Gas caused a fire and explosion at the medical facility that resulted in significant property damage. The plaintiff claims the incident was determined to be due to several negligent acts undertaken by the defendants during the course of the installation of the electrical system.

The defendant is accused of failing to follow plans and specifications, failing to perform work in accordance with commercial building codes and failing to abide and adhere to industry standards.

An unspecified amount in damages is sought for cost of repairs, costs of fixing all deficiencies in electrical work, lost income and mental anguish and distress.

NAZ is represented by Allen II. Borne Jr. of New Orleans.

The case has been assigned to Division P Judge Lee V. Faulkner Jr.

Case no. 746-666.

More News