Customer blames Conagra for exploding PAM can

By Carrie Bradon | Jan 20, 2017

GRETNA – A Jefferson Parish man is suing Conagra, alleging its negligence caused him to be injured by an exploding PAM can.

Jules J. Lachney filed a suit Jan. 17 against Conagra Brand Inc, Conagre Foods Enterprise Services Inc, Conagra Foods Sales LLC, and Conagra Grocery Products Company LLC in the 24th Judicial District Court, alleging negligence.

According to the claim, Lachney purchased a double pack of two large cans of PAM cooking spray Jan. 17. 2016, at a Sam's Club in Metairie. The suit states he was using the item in his kitchen that evening when the can unexpectedly exploded and sprayed flames.

The lawsuit states Lahcney's kitchen caught fire and the plaintiff suffered serious injuries to his neck, face, arms and hands. He had to be transported to the East Jefferson General Hospital for rehab, the suit states.

The defendant is accused of negligence through failing to take the proper precautions or warn the plaintiff of the product's dangers or properly list all of the potential dangers. 

Lachney seeks all reasonable damages, attorney fees, court costs and all equitable relief. He is represented by attorneys Frances M. Olivier of the Law Offices of Frances M. Olivier LLC in Metairie and by Kristine K. Sims of Metairie.

The case has been assigned to Division J Judge Stephen C. Grefer.

The 24th Judicial District Court Case number 768194.

Want to get notified whenever we write about 24th Judicial District Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about 24th Judicial District Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

24th Judicial District Court

More News

The Record Network