GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a corporate department store where she was allegedly injured when a shelf allegedly fell on her and she was seriously injured.
Tamika Greenhouse filed suit against Dillard Department Stores Inc. and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 8. Greenhouse claims that on April 7, 2012 she was shopping in the shoe department at the Dillard’s located at Oakwood Mall at 197 West Bank Expressway in Gretna when a shelf allegedly collapsed on her. The plaintiff alleges she received serious injuries in the incident to her left side.
The defendant is accused of failing to provide a safe environment for patrons, failing to warn of unsafe conditions and failing to properly maintain the premises.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, mental and physical pain and suffering and residual disability.
Greenhouse is represented by attorney Tim L. Fields of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Henry G. Sullivan Jr.
Case no. 725-663.
- Wal-Mart sued over alleged gender discrimination
- Man sues Seacor Marine, others over injury he allegedly sustained on boat
- Owner of New Orleans bar and restaurant sue for ex-manager over fraud and theft allegations
- Employee sues Citadel Builders over claims of sexual battery
- Man claims Cajun Iron Workers violated FMLA
- Bossier City attorney faces disbarment if convicted of theft allegations
- Barge passenger accuses Baywater Drilling of negligence
- Alleged failed blood filter reason for liability lawsuit against C.R. Bard and Bard Peripheral Vascular
- St. John the Baptist Parish Woman claims collusion in lawsuit against major airlines
- Livingston Parish man sues ex-wife, school board for custody of son