GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a corporate department store where she was allegedly injured when a shelf allegedly fell on her and she was seriously injured.
Tamika Greenhouse filed suit against Dillard Department Stores Inc. and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 8. Greenhouse claims that on April 7, 2012 she was shopping in the shoe department at the Dillard’s located at Oakwood Mall at 197 West Bank Expressway in Gretna when a shelf allegedly collapsed on her. The plaintiff alleges she received serious injuries in the incident to her left side.
The defendant is accused of failing to provide a safe environment for patrons, failing to warn of unsafe conditions and failing to properly maintain the premises.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, mental and physical pain and suffering and residual disability.
Greenhouse is represented by attorney Tim L. Fields of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Henry G. Sullivan Jr.
Case no. 725-663.
- Student sues after alleged assault by teacher
- Endymion Mardi Gras parade rider sues after falling off horse during parade
- Wheelchair bound woman claims home elevator installation was faulty, not permitted
- Chili’s sued after chair leg allegedly punctures, injures woman’s foot
- Zephyrs spectator claims foul ball hit him in face and blinded him in one eye
- Nursing home facing medical malpractice suit after allegedly dropping woman on floor
- Patient sues hospital over alleged non-removal of stitches that resulted in complications requiring surgery
- Bowling alley sued for allegedly not paying advertising fees
- Laborer claiming radial saw cut through hand sues
- Deputy accused of calling man 'liberal' before attacking him at UPS Store; Heated discussion over illegal immigration got things started