GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a corporate department store where she was allegedly injured when a shelf allegedly fell on her and she was seriously injured.
Tamika Greenhouse filed suit against Dillard Department Stores Inc. and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 8. Greenhouse claims that on April 7, 2012 she was shopping in the shoe department at the Dillard’s located at Oakwood Mall at 197 West Bank Expressway in Gretna when a shelf allegedly collapsed on her. The plaintiff alleges she received serious injuries in the incident to her left side.
The defendant is accused of failing to provide a safe environment for patrons, failing to warn of unsafe conditions and failing to properly maintain the premises.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, mental and physical pain and suffering and residual disability.
Greenhouse is represented by attorney Tim L. Fields of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Henry G. Sullivan Jr.
Case no. 725-663.
- Ford Motor sues man for allegedly defaulting on $11.8K loan
- Widow sues insurance broker, claims $1 million life insurance policy lapsed due to negligence
- BP oil spill settlement to reimburse millions Louisiana paid to politically connected law firms
- ENSCO employee seeking pay for alleged work-related injury
- Offshore Drilling Company Goes After Insurance Companies
- Ex-worker sues Baumer Foods, alleging unlawful termination
- Bridgestone sues competitor, alleging trademark infringement
- Jefferson Parish couple sues Covidien, alleging defective catheter
- Louisiana woman sues General Motors, alleging failure to repair vehicle
- Jackson Parish woman sues Rollins, Orkin, alleging sexual harassment