GRETNA – A New Orleans woman is suing a corporate department store where she was allegedly injured when a shelf allegedly fell on her and she was seriously injured.
Tamika Greenhouse filed suit against Dillard Department Stores Inc. and their insurer in the 24th Judicial District Court on April 8. Greenhouse claims that on April 7, 2012 she was shopping in the shoe department at the Dillard’s located at Oakwood Mall at 197 West Bank Expressway in Gretna when a shelf allegedly collapsed on her. The plaintiff alleges she received serious injuries in the incident to her left side.
The defendant is accused of failing to provide a safe environment for patrons, failing to warn of unsafe conditions and failing to properly maintain the premises.
An unspecified amount in damages is sought for medical expenses, mental and physical pain and suffering and residual disability.
Greenhouse is represented by attorney Tim L. Fields of New Orleans.
The case has been assigned to Division M Judge Henry G. Sullivan Jr.
Case no. 725-663.
- Patient blames Stryker Orthopaedics for injuries from allegedly faulty hip implant
- Former inmate alleges he was denied medical treatment at Terrebonne Parish Criminal Justice Complex
- Chinook USA alleges breach of contract in dispute over licensing of Duck Commander drinks
- Marrero woman alleges infusion pump was ineffective
- Diver sues employers after allegedly injuring his back
- Lawyer: Kenner firefighters pension case outcome may solidify earned compensation in Louisiana
- Genovese touts experience in Louisiana Supreme Court bid
- Orleans Parish man accuses Riverlakes New Orleans Properties of violating ADA
- Producer, company accuse Cash Money Records of failing to pay royalties
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry backs FACT Act