Belle Vie Living Center claims fire broke out in the kitchen after a utility pole collapsed

By Carrie Bradon | Jun 27, 2017

GRETNA – A nursing home claims a wooden utility pole fell into its building, starting a fire in the kitchen.

Belle Vie Living Center LLC and Commerce Street Gretna LLC filed a suit June 9 against Entergy Corp. and Entergy Louisiana LLC in the 24th Judicial District Court alleging negligence.

According to the claim, the plaintiff runs its operations from 535 Commerce St., Gretna. The suit states that on June 13, 2016, the defendants' wooden utility pole, which was installed at the plaintiff's property, collapsed and broke through the roof of the plaintiff's facilities, falling into the kitchen and storage area. A fire broke out, and the sprinkler system came on, but the damages from the fire were still substantial, court documents state.

The defendant is accused of negligence by failing to ensure that the pole was secure, failing to take the necessary precautions and overall negligence.

The plaintiff is seeking all reasonable sums due, attorney fees and court costs. The plaintiff is represented by Richard G. Passler of Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson LLP in New Orleans.

The case has been assigned to Division D Judge Scott U. Schlegel.

The 24th Judicial District Court case number 772976

Want to get notified whenever we write about 24th Judicial District Court ?

Sign-up Next time we write about 24th Judicial District Court, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

24th Judicial District Court

More News

The Record Network