NEW ORLEANS – A couple is seeking damages, claiming that there was a fire in their home due to negligence.
Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange as subrogee of Jasmine Gorowara and Joseph Tarsha III filed a lawsuit May 4 against Bill Schell's Electric LLC and Power Electrical and Instrumentation LLC in Orleans Parish Civil District Court alleging negligence.
According to the complaint, the plaintiffs owned a home at 61 Versailles Blvd., New Orleans. The suit states that in 2013, the home was renovated, and the defendant was hired to install new conductors for the air conditioning units. The conductors failed in June 2015 and again in June 2016. The second incident allegedly caused extensive damage when metal slag caused a fire in the home.
The defendants are accused of negligence by failing to provide an appropriate level of work, failing to complete the job in a workmanlike manner and overall negligence.
The plaintiffs seeks all reasonable damages, court costs, attorney fees and all appropriate relief. The plaintiffs are represented by attorney Jake P. Skaggs of Cozen O'Connor in Houston.
The case has been assigned to Division L Judge Kern A. Reese.
Orleans Parish Civil District Court case number 2017-4305.