Louisiana Record

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Man alleges negligent electrical outlet repair caused shock, injury

By Carrie Bradon | Dec 14, 2016

NEW ORLEANS – A property owner alleges an improperly repaired electrical outlet shocked him and caused nerve damage.

Michael Edwards filed a suit against American Homes Shield Corp., Zurich American Insurance Co., Ben's Electric Inc., certain underwriters at Lloyd in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court on Nov. 14.

According to the claim, the plaintiff is the property owner of a multi-unit property at 920 N. Carrolton Ave. and has maintenance agreements with American Homes Shield. The suit states that the plaintiff contacted American Homes Shield for repairs that needed to be made to his property. The subcontractors from Ben's Electric Inc. hired by American Homes Shied allegedly failed to perform the work properly, leaving an outlet exposed, which caused the plaintiff to be shocked when he tried to unplug an appliance. The suit further explains that the plaintiff had to undergo medical treatment and has suffered permanent damages to the left side of his body.

The defendants are accused of negligence through failing to properly supervise the contractors, failing to fulfill the details of the contract as they ought to have and overall breach of contract.

The plaintiff is seeking an unspecified amount in damages. The plaintiff is represented by David W. Oestreicher II of New Orleans.

The case has been assigned to Division F Judge Christopher J. Bruno.

The Orleans Parish Civil District Court Case number 16-11188

Want to get notified whenever we write about Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans ?

Sign-up Next time we write about Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans

More News